Monday, February 6, 2012

Meatless Monday - Spaghetti Caprese


Spaghetti Caprese

This is something I made up one night using what I had on hand. It turned out to be a delicious vegetarian meal. I made a big batch of pesto last summer with fresh, organic basil from my CSA. I froze the pesto in an ice cube tray and then popped out my pesto cubes into a freezer bag to store. Every time I need some pesto, I take out a cube or two to thaw and use. What a great idea!  I reserved some pasta cooking water to mix with the pesto to make it a bit more “saucy”.

Spaghetti
3 cubes Pesto
Grape tomatoes, diced
Fresh mozzarella, diced
Asparagus, cut into 1” pieces

Cook spaghetti. Towards the end of the cooking, toss in the asparagus to cook along with the spaghetti. Save about 1/3 cup of the pasta water to mix with the pesto.

Toss all of the ingredients together. Season with salt, pepper and grated parmesan cheese.


Mangia, Mangia!!



No comments:

Post a Comment