Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Binder from Which I Cook

My Binder

So this is my binder of recipes. I’ve been collecting recipes since the early- to mid-90’s. I pull them out of newspapers, magazines, and now the world wide interwebs. I have quite a few cookbooks at my disposal, too, but I always reach for my binder when looking for dinner inspiration.  The binder also used to have tabs for dessert, breads, and drinks; but those were moved to their very own binder a few years ago.

The tabs in my binder are:

n     Appetizers
n     Grains
n     Legumes
n     Meats
n     Vegetables
n     Pasta
n     Soups

Notice there isn’t a seafood tab. I don’t eat it. Considering I was born and raised in Maryland, it makes no sense, but I just don’t like it. I tell people it’s a birth-defect. And quite frankly, living in Colorado is great for a non-seafood person like me. I’m happy with my meat and veg. I do have a few seafood recipes that I’ll pull out for the boyfriend and keep those in my meat section.

I’m not sure how many recipes I have, but my hope is to attempt to make MOST of them in 2012. I’ve been banned from having the same experiment with my dessert binder. We’re training to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro and a different dessert every night won’t exactly help. I envision making most of my vegetable & grain recipes this summer once my CSA starts and the vegetables are fresh and plentiful. Counting down the days to summer!!

My big-ass binder

No comments:

Post a Comment